Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 2

Today was another good day in my pursuit of health and fitness.  After run/walking 3.09 miles yesterday, I did 8.55 miles today.  I will go again tomorrow and see what I can do before taking a day off from cardio to start weight training on Monday.  

Knowing I am keeping this blog has already kept me accountable:  I usually work out in the morning but did not get to the gym today until 3:00.  Any other time, I would have skipped the workout, rationalizing that I would do it the next morning.  However, knowing I was going to make this blog entry tonight got me to the gym today with plans on going tomorrow as well.

I read the Winter 2011 Oxygen Collector Issue Fat Loss for motivation and watched a program on MTV while on the treadmill called "I Used to be Fat".  Both were very inspiring.

One meal I enjoyed today was a salad made of organic mixed greens, fresh tangerine sections, baked chicken breast, toasted walnuts, sliced red onion and fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  Yummy!

I am trying to get more sleep, so I am off to bed.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment