Monday, March 28, 2011

LA Marathon - A Nightmare in a Monsoon

It's has been quite a while since I last posted, but I did reach my goal of completing the 26.2-mile LA Marathon...in a rainstorm.  Don't misunderstand me - it was not my goal for it to happen in the rain, but it poured the WHOLE time.  It was Jackie's first marathon so I decided to walk it with her once I arrived to L.A.  I have to give it up for the walkers because we were out there for nearly 8 hours!  Here is a clip of the weather situation (listen with the sound 'on'):
 

Can you see why I called it a nightmare in a monsoon?  Thank GOD it's over!  

Now I am on to the next goal...

Jackie and I have decided to lose weight together over the course of the next 12 weeks.  This is the timeline because my next race is Grandma's Marathon on June 18 in Duluth, MN.  I am going to lift weights as well as do some yoga this time to better prepare.  Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

1 comment: