Tuesday, March 8, 2011

12 Days to L.A. - Beating Stress

Good morning!  As my friends and family know, the week before grades are due tends to be very stressful for me and Stress = Overeating + Lack of Sleep = Weight Gain.  

Well this year I will try to have a different outcome.  I am trying to keep myself busy getting work done, blogging and exercising as opposed to eating and watching lots of TV.  (Speaking of which, why didn't someone warn me about all the channel available on cable TV?  Oh dear!)  Today's meal plan includes egg whites with spinach, tomatoes and onions; baked chicken and a yam; and salmon with salad and Greek yogurt.  This morning I'm headed out for the run.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Shauna! Your meals for the day sound delicious and nutritious. Good luck during your busy week and hope it is less stressful than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetheart, Nina. Thank you for the encouragement. Did you go buy those materials? More importantly, how's your little man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I did buy the calculator and food guide book. Thank you for that tip! Now I am settling into learning the new plan. Really makes me more aware of what to eat and how to load up on fruits and veggies!

    Little man is doing well--if only we could all be young again--truly, children are the most pure in their eating habits. He eats when he's hungry and he stops eating when he's full. Doesn't matter if there's only a bite or 2 left. Isn't it funny how as adults, we might be full but if there's just another bite, we would just eat it. I am just so happy that he is such a healthy eater at such a young age. Today he had yogurt, chicken with some beans and feta, a whole mango, whole wheat flatbread w/cranberry chutney, salmon, broccoli, beets, an assortment of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and grapes, and a Kashi strawberry bar for "dessert". So thankful for a kid who loves good, wholesome foods! And of course, as a kid, naturally loves to run, chase, be outdoors and burn energy!

    Thinking of you as you head into the big marathon--best of luck!

    ReplyDelete