Saturday, September 10, 2011

Countdown to my 46th Birthday

Wow.  A lot has happened since I was last here.  I had and now don't have a boyfriend.  Summer came and went.  School ended and started.  There was some really happy times and some profoundly sad ones.  Now that I am on the other side of all of that I have decided to brush myself off and try again to get in shape.  

I've decided I need to lay out a plan comprised of small goals.  Perhaps it will be best to take this day-by-day, which will add to week-by-week.  The first milestone will be my 46th birthday on October 26.  Starting tomorrow - indeed a somber reminder of how unpredictable life can be - I will challenge myself to see what I can accomplish in the 45 days until my 46th birthday.

I read several books this summer.  Two of the more profound ones were 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch and 'Tuesdays with Morrie' by Mitch Albom.  Both reminded me that I can ill afford to procrastinate indefinitely; I must live my life to the fullest NOW.  I must quit wasting time and NOW go about the business of making myself happy.  I must live in the present moment to live my life to the fullest.

Some may argue that I already lead a very full life.  I will agree that I have (and take advantage of) travel opportunities, have great friends and am fortunate to have a very satisfying job.  But I can, want and will do so much more!

So that's my charge and I am excited about seriously living a happy and purposeful life.  I deserve and am worthy of it.  Here's to me!  Thanks for sharing in my journey.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment